Saturday, January 04, 2014

Defiance

Defiance by jeffwc00
Defiance, a photo by jeffwc00 on Flickr.

Having taken a class toward the UCSD Extension photography certificate in a room at the Mandeveille Center on the UCSD campus, I became aware at the time of graffiti being done on walls of the building, especially in one staircase. These were apparently being done by the students of the University's Visual Arts program, which is based at Mandeville Center.

After that class, when I make periodic visits to the campus to search out photography subjects, I've gotten into the habit of going by the Mandeville Center to see if there was any new graffiti to view.

Today, January 4, 2013, I discovered many copies of this sign on the Center's walls. Seems the administration ran out of patience with the graffiti and cracked down. I found this defiant statement on one of the signs. Of course it constitutes graffiti itself as defined by the sign.

No comments: